PBIS and Classroom Management

Which one of Sugai’s tenets did you struggle with the most as a new teacher?  What kind of advice would you give a first-year teacher if s/he was struggling with that same tenet?

Published inMCHS Teacher Blog

2 Comments

1. mrsconway97

To post your response, scroll down to “leave a reply” and begin typing. You can remain anonymous, but that wouldn’t be any fun so be sure to include your name in your post.

2. Kelly Cassidy

I still struggle with routines. I think it is somewhat my personality. I tend to get bored easily and switch things up frequently. This applies to everything from the arrangement of the desks in the classroom to the order I deliver instruction from class period to class period. I think the guidelines are great but you also have to find what works for you. When you try something and not doesn’t fit, it feels weird and the kids notice. My advice to newbies is to visit a lot of different teachers classrooms and try new things until something clicks. Finding a classroom management strategy is a lot like finding a spouse- I think you sometimes kiss a lot of frogs until you find a prince. Just hang in there and don’t give up.